Why we ‘Like’
Posted by Sowmya:) on April 29, 2014
So this is something I have been thinking for a while now. Why do we click ‘Like’ on Facebook? My theory is that there are few reasons why we do it-
1. It’s a close friend’s post and we have nothing much to say. So Like
2. Friend has posted only 73 photos of their recent vacation. We can’t be expected to see ALL the pictures. So just click random pictures and Like.
3. A ex-close friend (someone who we were very close to but have now drifted away) posts something. We want to say “wow” or “I agree” or “way to go” but either we are too lazy to type it or we are scared of the million follow up messages from his/her other friends we would be forced to read. So Like.
4. The person likes and comments on all posts we write. So sweet. But the stuff they post is beyond your understanding. But how do we show solidarity or appreciation? Like
5. Someone compliments you and you don’t know how to accept it without embarrassing yourself. So Like.
6. You actually like what they are posting. Really?????